This page is obsolete. I leave it here for
reference only. Images and links are most likely not available.
Thoughts and Questions
- Why don't you post the setts as well ?
- I feel that my work is building on the setts which have been published
by others. I don't want to explicitly give away their work. For setts,
see my references section.
- Use as an image.
- You may find that if you're using a tartan from here as a background for
text, etc. that its too large. Since threads are multiples of two you can
shrink a tartan image in half exactly. That way the colors will still
be in the correct proportion and will appear correct.
- Cool effects.
- I've found that using an image program and shrinking a
tartan image there comes a point where it undergoes a sort of visual
phase transition. When that occurs the colors are displayed in
blocks. I presume that this occurs because of the combination of
resampling and display limitations, but its neat to see. I generally use
and then use the shrink button several times.
- Why don't you package together all the images for a single download ?
- I'll probably get around to that sooner or later.
- I don't see the tartan for ... ?
- All the tartans which I have a sett for are already produced. If
you've got a sett for a tartans which you don't see then send it. Or
if you know of a good book, etc. Months ago I sent off a letter to the
Scottish Tartan Society for more info, but no response yet.
- I don't see my name ... ?
- Sorry, I'm not an expert on clans, etc. Please follow the links to
other sites which I list at the very top of my tartans page.